I got an e-mail late last night from my boss with today’s schedule of annual reviews. Our department has our reviews today, and our other trade groups under her control are tomorrow. We all submitted our accomplishments for the year and we’ll see what Santa has in his bag. It will either be a really good day, or I’ll be royally pissed. I don’t think there will be much of an in-between.
Not that this will do anything good for my situation now that HR has already made their decree, here is why I’m qualified for a great (not nice) review.
- I thought of, created, developed, and maintained our document tracking database. It is currently tracking over 3,500 documents and 170 metrics of data. PMs and the VP are asking us for information that only my database can provide.
- I am always willing to work the hours necessary to get a job done. I have worked weekends and even a holiday because of deadlines.
- I am a Master Microsoft Office Specialist, and the only one in the Company. I get at least 1 question per day from a team member or other writer in the building about how to do something, often for a report or presentation at the last minute.
- I have shown a LOT of personal skill improvement this year, including going to a SkillPath seminar on using diplomacy skills in an office environment. I have had a tenth of the “coaching sessions” with my boss compared to last year. I hardly even see her now, because I’m not stirring up trouble.
- I work efficiently, so I’m not a resource drain on the Company.
I’ll let you know how it goes…
UPDATE: I completely agree with my evaluation (translation: YEAH, BABY!!!) and we find out about our increases later. It’s out of her control, but I like theÂ performanceÂ number she gave me.