A few hours ago I predicted what would go down during tonight’s show. I’m quite happy I was so on for as many points as I was. Let’s run down my list and see how accurate I was:
- Lil Rounds: She won’t sing what they demand to hear week after week. She will look like she’s just trying to hold it together during the judging.
- Kris needs to stay on the stage, even if he’s going to be playing an instrument.
- Adam is going to be Adam and do something amazing.
- Wicked, bad, dope version of “Born to Be Wild!”
- Danny is going to blow it outta da box.
- Wasn’t a great song choice, but he made it work for him and who he is.
- Allison will be edgy and make another big impression to illicit another “you can sing the phonebook” comment from the judges.
- The comment didn’t come, but a better one along the lines of “you could win this whole thing” got tossed her way.
- Simon needs to keep his hands off of Paula or get a room.
- Check the video. He couldn’t stop touching her before the first song or two was even wrapped up.
Making the top of my “off” list for Wednesday’s show is none other than Lil Rounds, who has lost all hope of being a force. Frankly, it’s a 3-person race with Anoop coming in at 4th, so I don’t much care who goes in what order among Lil, Kris, and Matt. Really. Don’t. Care. Adam is a force to be reckoned with, the likes of which has NEVER been seen on Idol yet. Allison is going to give him a run for the money, as will Danny; that whole battle will be played out in popularity more than talent, I believe. Anoop is a great singer with a certain niche, and I think he could do well as a crooner and do better than Taylor Hicks, too.