I have my own little “especially in this economy” statement for you all:
“Don’t piss me off trying to sell me more services when you’re not keeping me happy with the services I’m already paying you to provide, especially in this economy where I have more resources than ever before (both financial resources and competition-related) to dump you like a sack of potatoes and go to one of your competitors. MY economy is fine, but clearly yours isn’t if you’re calling upon me to give you more money.”
We’ve already ditched Verizon and we’re not afraid of change so much that we won’t change every single service provider we’ve got to stop this nonsense.
We will not:
- Accept any service offered through an unsolicited phone call – I will call you
- Accept sub-standard service/support
- Continue to pay our current rates if there are better offers for equal services
- Pay more for the same services “just because of the economy”
- Submit to pressure to add services we don’t want or dump services with other providers that are keeping us satisfied
/end rant. I’ll have more on this after we sort out this matter and explain how it started and how I finish it.